Wednesday 5 January 2011

A-Z #1: 12 Angry Men

As we all know, if you want a big film collection, nowadays, it is easy. You can pick up hundreds of DVD's for a buck each - it doesn't matter. But, as a film fan, I'm sure - like every other film fan - the ifrst thing you have a gander at when visiting a new friends house is their film collection - its never about quantity, its about quality. A-Z is my way of going through my collection, from A-Z, and justifying why I own the films


#1 - 12 Angry Men

Why did I buy it?
C'mon! Its a 'classic' - one of those 'you haven't seen 12 Angry Men?'. For a long time, it didn't really phase me ... until I saw Fonda in Once Upon a Time in the West. This established him - for me - and made me more keen to watch it. Not to mention, it cost £3
Why do I still own it?
It is a great film, having watched it. More importantly, I love the one-room films set-ups - 12 Angry Men in a jury room, one guy trapped in a phone booth, a bunch of people in a lift ... a guy trapped in a coffin. They are always really interesting and, if they become really positively-praised, that means that - above all - the acting is great. This is a film, whereby the acting is incredible and the set-up is really interesting. Interesting enough that I know that if someone asks me about it, as its short, I'll simply say - okay! lets have a watch!


Remember - you can always email The Simon and Jo Film Show directly using this email: simonandjoshow@gmail.com
We are also on Twitter  and Facebook.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I have a feeling some of the movies in your collection will require no justification. This is definitely one of them. Love every version of this story, but Fonda takes the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno Jess - even if you own Citizen Kane you may only own it because of its 'classic' status - opposed to whether you watch it multiple times and, you have to ask, is that enough?

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2008-2015. All posts & reviews are property of www.simoncolumb.wordpress.com/Simon Columb and should not be reproduced in whole, or in part, without express permission from the author.