Sunday 20 February 2011

TSAJFS: 20/02/2011 Never Let Me Go/Shaun Of The Dead/Hot Fuzz

Beginning from Clapham Picturehouse - see picture - we recorded this show shortly after viewing Never Let Me Go directed by Mark Romanek and starring Carey Mulligan, Andrew Garfield and Kiera Knightley.

The usual news and coverage of the London Box-Office and we finish, keeping it British, with Edgar Wright's Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.

Links

Facebook-er of the week is Mike Ballance - who preferred Hot Fuzz to Shaun of the Dead.
Twitter-er of the Week is Flickering Myth who, alongside bantering about Terminator and Arnie Films, also run a great blog which you can visit by clicking here...

Blogger-er of the Week is Cut the Crap Movie Reviews who, alongside reviwing some great films, additionally is beginning to cover some James Bond films - starting with Dr No and From Russia With Love.

Music

The breaks have the music from the Never Let Me Go soundtrack, which is available on itunes and amazon.com.

Though the last track features in Shaun of the Dead - referencing the use of the song in Dawn of the Dead. It's called 'The Gonk'. The soundtracks to Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead do not seem to be available on itunes so you may have to buy them second-hand from Amazon.

Remember - you can always email The Simon and Jo Film Show directly using this email: simonandjoshow@gmail.com
We are also on Twitter  and Facebook.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments:

  1. Aww, sorry to hear Never Let Me Go wasn't quite the hit here - I really, really liked that one and really found myself quietly won over as the film went on. I had read the book, and really enjoyed it too so I'm sure that had an impact.

    And re: Facebook comment on True Grit, I was being earnest when I said I thought the points made were interesting, specifically with regards to the religious analogy as I never would have picked up on that and was happy to hear the insight!

    Surprized to hear that the Simon Pegg character unrelatable, for me he's totally what I love about the film, in an oddly non-ironic way - probably because I'm such a straight shooter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [keeps deleting my fu***in response!!!! so everytime I shorten it more]

    NEVER LET ME GO is crap, mainly due to keira knightley. TRUE GRIT must have some sort of allegory and I hope mine is accurate - but my lack of political knowledge puts me in a place whereby I may be misrepresenting certain aspects. I liked HOT FUZZ! Its great, my gripe with Pegg is a minor flaw in a very good film.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2008-2015. All posts & reviews are property of www.simoncolumb.wordpress.com/Simon Columb and should not be reproduced in whole, or in part, without express permission from the author.