Saturday 19 February 2011

A-Z #40: Changeling

You can pick up hundreds of DVD's for a round-pound each - it doesn't matter. Its never about quantity, its about quality. A-Z is my way of going through my collection, from A-Z, and understanding why I own the films ... or you can tell me why I should sell 'em


#40 - Changeling 

Why did I buy it?

I didn't - Thank you to Brother Graham/Bangor Rep, for the present this Christmas just gone. I have watched it at the cinema and, through Graham, I now own it. So it is officially part of the collection but have yet to watch the present itself.

Why do I still own it?

My view on this was mixed. I remember thinking it was a good film - first and foremost - but I had concerns. I recall that it was long. I recall it becoming a bit random - initially a child-is-lost story then flipping into a One-Flew-Over-The-Cockoo's-Nest-Story and then turning into a Horror. I will be watching it again to re-evalute my opinion, but I do love a good Eastwood film and so many people have told me how they thought it is incredible ... so, maybe those initial concerns will change on a second watch. We shall see...

Maybe I shouldn't give it a chance - should I sell it now before even a second watch?
  
Remember - you can always email The Simon and Jo Film Show directly using this email: simonandjoshow@gmail.com
We are also on Twitter  and Facebook.

Large Association of Movie Blogs

2 comments:

  1. I thought Changeling is one of a series of pretty weak Eastwood films in recent years. He hasn't really impressed me since Letters from Iwo Jima

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have yet to watch LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA and I have bother LETTERS... and FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS ready to be watched in due course. With CHANGELING, my initial reaction was ;yeah, its alright' but I need to watch it again to clarify my stance.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2008-2015. All posts & reviews are property of www.simoncolumb.wordpress.com/Simon Columb and should not be reproduced in whole, or in part, without express permission from the author.