Saturday 9 April 2011

A-Z #66: Dr Strangelove (or How I Stopped Worrying and Loved The Bomb)

You can pick up hundreds of DVDs for a round-pound each - it doesn't matter. It's never about quantity, it's about quality. A-Z is my way of going through my collection, from A-Z, and understanding why I own the films ... or you can tell me why I should sell 'em


#66 - Dr Strangelove (of How I Stopped Worrying and Loved The Bomb) 

Why did I buy it?
Because its Kubrick. I mean, seriously, it is Kubrick and you don't know nowt about film without knowing your Kubrick. That goes without saying. This is Peter Sellers playing multiple roles and this is the classic line: "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room". This has to be bought.
Why do I still own it?

I have only watched it once and that is reason enough to own a copy ... so I can watch it again. I think, like many of the films I still own, I know I may enjoy it more on a second viewing. I have to watch it again to truly know whether it is worth selling off. I think I may sell this at some point ... so that I can enjoy an entire Kubrick collection in a special box.

I doubt anyone will argue to sell this one...
Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2008-2015. All posts & reviews are property of www.simoncolumb.wordpress.com/Simon Columb and should not be reproduced in whole, or in part, without express permission from the author.