Monday 20 June 2011

A-Z #87: Hannah and Her Sisters

You can pick up hundreds of DVDs for a round-pound each - it doesn't matter. It's never about quantity, it's about quality. A-Z is my way of going through my collection, from A-Z, and understanding why I own the films ... or you can tell me why I should sell 'em



#87 - Hannah and Her Sisters

Why did I buy it?

My ongoing interest in Woody Allen. A big task, but it must be completed - by the time I am 30, I would like to think that I have watched all of Woody Allens back-catalogue. This was a must-see due to the success it garnered at the time - and additionally, the fact that Michael Caine won his Best Actor gong for his role.

Why do I still own it?

Because of the huge number of Woody Allen's films, when I buy his films, they regularly becoms sold. I watch, I consider keeping, I keep/sell. Hannah and Her Sisters is one of the  good ones - a great combo of comedy, philosopy and relationships. I won't bore you too much, as Hatter and I covered it already on THE FILM LOCKER in much more detail. But it may interest you which other Woody Allen films which have hit the dust - they include Husbands and Wives (but, I do intend to watch it again at some point to re-evaluate as it stuck with me more than I initially expected), Mighty Aphrodite and Melinda and Melinda.
Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2008-2015. All posts & reviews are property of www.simoncolumb.wordpress.com/Simon Columb and should not be reproduced in whole, or in part, without express permission from the author.