Wednesday 6 July 2011

Incredible Soundtrack #15: Sunshine (Murphy/Underworld)

The music attached to a film creates the environment, I believe, moreso than the literal environment depicted through the visuals...

I have been looking forward to mentioning this soundtrack. As soon as I watched the film, I was desperate to hunt down the soundtrack. But it isn't easy to find. For one, you cannot buy it on CD -  it is only available via download. Obviously there are ilegal means to get the soundtrack but, officially, you can only download it through itunes. I went to alot of effort to hunt it down and, in the process, purchased the Underworld album Oblivion with Bells. A brilliant album, that holds one track from the film: To Heal. When I first purchased my ipod, I swore I would not download too much - swearing by the tangible nature of a CD case, sleeve notes and everything else. When your PC blows-up, at least you have the CD. This soundtrack made me crack and download my first album from itunes. Bastards.

3. Capa's Last Transmission/To Heal by Underworld - Incredible track: calming, peaceful and all-encompassing. And available on a CD.



6. Kanada's Death, Pt. 2 (Adagio In D Minor) by John Murphy - This track has been used so much outside of Sunshine. I always find it a little frustrating because I associate this song with Sunshine - and not, say, Kick-Ass. A great song.



19. Peggy Sussed by Underworld - This is completely more Underworld rather than John Murphy. Its powerful and bold. I won't forget feeling this song hit you in the face when the film ended on such a calm note.



Large Association of Movie Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2008-2015. All posts & reviews are property of www.simoncolumb.wordpress.com/Simon Columb and should not be reproduced in whole, or in part, without express permission from the author.